Step By Step Guide – Selling Property
Selling property the easy way.
Step 1 – Before Contract is Signed
- Appoint a real estate agent.
- Contact your solicitor to assist with the preparation of the contract and discuss any queries you may have.
Step 2 – Signing Contract
- Conduct negotiations regarding the purchase price and any special conditions.
- Ensure the correct price and property details are listed on the contract.
- Contact your solicitor to discuss the contract if you have any queries.
Step 3 – During Contract
- Complete and return all relevant documents to your solicitor.
- Liaise with your financier to ensure a release of mortgage if required. If you select TOTAL Conveyancing to act in your transaction, we will also liaise with your financier to ensure a smooth process.
- Liaise with your utility providers to disconnect or transfer your service.
Step 4 – Before Settlement
- Ensure your release of mortgage is finalised, if applicable.
- Make contact with your solicitor to ensure there are no outstanding matters.
Step 5 – After Settlement
- Read our final letter of advice.
- Change your address where necessary.
- Enjoy the sale proceeds.